Children's Music Workshop
Tuition (32 week session):
- $280 for students enrolled in Individual Instruction or additional classes
- $530 if it is the only class registered
Introduction to Music Workshop: Age 3
- Children will gain independence and competence with basic music and movement skills, form their own music-making community and explore learning concepts in greater depth.
Children's Music Workshop: Ages 4-9
- Beginning theory skills, ear training, notation and musical development through singing, creative expression and body movement, and beginning ensemble work using specially designed percussion instruments and, at age 8, recorder. Based on Orff and Kodaly pedagogies, which have been influential around the world.
Advanced Music Workshop: Ages 8-10
- Beginning theory skills, with strong emphasis on ear training, rhythm and movement. Includes improvisation and composition. Based on advanced Music Workshop concepts.
Percussion Construction: Music with Mommy, Daddy and Me: Ages 5-7
- Learn basic rhythms that are the building blocks of your child's musical experience. Percussion class for a parent and child that includes exploring rhythmic development, instrument recognition, and improvisation. This class prepares both parent and child for Individual Instruction by providing a basic framework for learning in the arts. 30-minute weekly class.